While watching the recent documentary on the very talented and beautiful late Carrie Fisher it reminded me just how easily people can get trapped into a dependency on Coke and other Soft Drinks. Carrie was clearly hooked on her coca-cola and all efforts by her concerned trainer continued to fail. Like many others Carrie had health concerns that would certainly have led to her feeling the need for an adrenal pick up. We will never know how much her coca cola habit had to do with her early demise but i hope to showcase how detrimental an addiction like this can be and also give you a few tips to set you free from its seductive clutches.
Here is a great image that shows you how your body processes coca-cola in your system.
And here is a video explaining just a few of the health issues with diet soda drinks:
1) Caffeine, Sugar and Aspartame:These products are invariably present within the sweetened soft drinks. several Children should be strictly restricted from consuming products with Aspartame. Furthermore, caffeine and sugar are very addictive leading to another set of diseases like diabetes and a life-long habit of inducing caffeine in the body.
2) Kidney Failures:The sweet sugar is definitely not the reason for a failing kidney but the artificial sweeteners are. Hence consuming Diet versions of Coca Cola or Pepsi have proved to produce more impairment than the sweet versions.
3) Metabolism Level Decreases:A glass of warm water can speed up you metabolic rate but may taste awful after a workout session. A can of Coke can surely be tasty but it really decreases the metabolism and helps in destroying the fat burning enzymes in no time. Thus a can of either Diet Coke or simple Coca Cola after a rigorous workout or busy day is strictly not advisable.
4) Obesity and Diabetes:With an advent of these products, a major portion of the population is turning obese which includes children and teenagers. While it contributes to diabetes I have found many diabetic clients addicted as they are feeling the need for a pick up and they reach for coke.(Big Mistake)
Similarly, patients with diabetes must never touch beverages like Coke or Pepsi since it increases level of sugar in blood by twofold. Non-diabetic persons should avoid these drinks in order to keep diabetes away.
5) Reproduction problems:A research has shown that the cans of Coke or Pepsi are coated with such chemicals that may lead to reproduction problems with regular consumption.
Giving it up - How to do it
1. Chewable Vitamin C - This will give you the pick up that you need as once you give up coke or other flavoured drinks you may feel a bit flat. Every time you feel a bit flat reach for a Vitamin C tablet.
2. Buy a good Nervine (Herbs that will strengthen your nervous system) You could be a bit on edge as you go through this process and your nervous system may need a bit of support. If Depression or anxiety contributes to you reaching for coke you may need a bit more help from your practitioner or contact us for some help.
3.We are all different and you will be surprised how many different conditions can contribute towards you feeling the need to reach for these drinks. e.g Leaky gut often contributes as you do not absorb your nutrients properly and can be left adrenally depleted.
4. Drink Rosehip tea - This is rich in Vitamin C and will help to keep you picked up. Licorice tea & Ginseng's along with calming teas like lavender or Chamomile if you are feeling wound up
5. Drink plenty of water to help flush all this toxic waste through your kidneys
6. Substitute Coke with Soda Water or Mineral water with a little fresh juice to sweeten. *** Fresh is the word 100% sugar and additive free.